During the XI workshop c.MET05 “Local Innovation and International Industry” Proff. Francesca Spigarelli (University of Macerata) and Hao Wei (Beijing Normal University) presented a paper on "The Chinese pharmaceutical market: driving forces and emerging trends" related to CHETCH.
More in general, the workshop c.MET05 are moments of paper discussion. The Inter-University Centre for Applied Economic Studies on Industrial Policy, Local Development and Internationalization called c.MET05 was established in 2005. The first partners were the University of Ferrara, the University of Florence and the Polytechnic University of Marche. More recently the University of Naples (in 2010), the Ca’ Foscari University of Venice (2013) and the University of Udine (in 2013) have joined the Centre.
The main focuses are on:
- Industry: international, national, and local;
- Local systems, networks, business groups, districts/clusters, filiere;
- Firm: organization and strategies;
- Government Policies for industry and development: theories and practices.
- Internationalization: trade and production;
- Innovation: companies, industries, territories, societies.
- Asia: China and Far East / Industry, Growth and Development;
- Italy: Industry, Growth and Development
The main Activities are:
- Specialized Research and Learning programs;
- Networking among Scholars;
- Discussion with academics, policy-makers, and entrepreneurs;
- Collaborations with local, national and international partners;
- Participation in the local, national and international debate.
The first round table of the XI workshop has been on intangibles, and their impact on firms, local system and networks.
The main topics were the innovation, performance and profitability of firms in a local contest, internalization and policies supporting the internalization process.
A particular attention was on the high-tech firms and the innovation in knowledge based companies (i.e. academic spin-offs).